Information Security Engineer
Passionate and Dedicated
Ankeny, IA / Kansas City, MO
Chief Security Architect
1 - 3
Type of position:
U.S. Citizenship Required
This position’s primary duties are in the Security Operations Center (SOC) managing and monitoring the security information and event management (SIEM), Intrusion Detection and Vulnerability Scanning system. Other duties include analyzing events and data, performing incident response and working with customers to understand impact and develop remediation strategies.
- (20%) Designs, implements, updates and tunes SIEM, IDS and vulnerability scanning software and hardware to support the managed security services division.
- (20%) Provides security event monitoring and analysis to identify critical security events at client sites.
- (15%) Provides superior customer service by assisting customers in identifying risk sources, causes and/or threats identified via security event monitoring.
- (15%) Performs accurate and timely documentation of security incidents, customer service requests and standard operating procedures.
- (10%) Develops custom alerts, reports and scripts to help identify security incidents and trends.
- (10%) Assist with penetration testing and vulnerability testing consulting engagements as necessary.
- (5%) Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; and promoting security practices to others.
- (5%) Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Work Experience Requirements
- Ability to identify and evaluate risk to IT systems, communicate risk to management
- Select and recommend appropriate risk mitigation strategies to ensure IT systems remain within established risk tolerance levels.
- Experience in System Administration including Microsoft desktop, server OS and server applications, Linux/Unix.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting and maintaining network infrastructure such as switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection.
- Experience with system reporting, scripting and/or programming.
- Ability to clearly communicate with co-workers, management, clients and vendors.
- Maintain a professional appearance and vocabulary, both spoken and written form.
- Ability to quickly understand and synthesize security issues, resolve conflicts and deliver appropriate solutions.