Information Security Consultant
Share this job to LinkedIn >>
- Division/Department: Security Consulting
- Location: Dallas, Des Moines, or Kansas City
- Level/Grade: Consultant
- Type of Position: Full-time
- Reports to: Director of Security Consulting
- Hours: 40/week Exempt
U.S. Citizenship Required -- Visa sponsorship not available for this position.
Are you looking for a job that will offer unique challenges every day? At Integrity, this is what you can expect. We help clients solve information security, IT risk management, and compliance problems. Our clients trust us to help them navigate complex information security challenges. As a part of Integrity's virtual chief information security officer (vCISO) team, you may be called on to perform IT audits, PCI assessments, HIPAA risk assessments, draft or review policies and procedures, respond to security or privacy breaches and help senior management develop strategic security plans.
Being a consultant at Integrity means you are the subject matter expert that clients look to for solving information security problems. With clients spanning the U.S. and in various industries, you are continuously exposed to new and interesting situations. Being a part of the Integrity team means having the freedom to lead engagements while knowing your peers are ready and available to support you.
- (30%) Audit, test, or review system architecture for compliance with best practices and/or regulatory requirements. Review and recommend technical, administrative and physical controls to mitigate identified risk.
- (30%) Perform risk assessments of IT infrastructure and applications and make recommendations for improvements based on the client’s stated risk tolerance levels.
- (20%) Develop materials to assist clients with implementing both technical and non-technical controls.
- (5%) Assist in internal technical projects and troubleshooting.
- (5%) Assist in client incident response and digital forensics. Develop internal processes and procedures around these areas.
- (5%) Contribute to marketing activities by writing social media updates and blog postings covering technical topics and attending trade shows, conferences, and professional association chapter meetings.
- (5%) Assist sales efforts by supporting initial scoping conversations and performing needs analyses to help drive business development efforts. Identify additional opportunities within existing client base and work with client to expand usage of Integrity’s service portfolio.
Work Experience Requirements
- 6-10 years of experience as a system administrator, IT lead, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with technical aspects of incident response.
- Familiarity with regulatory/compliance requirements (e.g., PCI, HIPAA, SOX), information security frameworks and controls (e.g., NIST, ISO, CoBIT).
- Strong attention to detail and ability to document findings and convey information.
- Ability to manage project deliverables and deadlines.
- Ability to provide superior customer service via phone and email.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and recommending appropriate technical, administrative, and physical controls.
- Ability to develop policies, standards and baseline configurations.
- Ability to identify and evaluate risk to IT systems and communicate risks to management.
- Demonstrated experience selecting and implementing appropriate risk mitigation strategies to ensure IT systems remain within established risk tolerance levels.
- Ability to clearly communicate with co-workers, management, clients and vendors.
- Maintain a professional appearance and vocabulary.
- Ability to travel nationally or internationally. 25% travel is expected for this position.